The Jukebox Dress



Hi! I have been quiet around here but super busy with my sewing machine. I can't wait to show you all the things I have been working in! Today I am here as part of the One Thimble Tour showcasing one of the ten patterns included in issue #7 that was just released! 

One Thimble is a digital sewing magazine full with patterns and great articles. I have had the chance to sew something from issue #6 - the Multi-Apron (blogged here) - and issue #5 - the Moku shorts (blogged here), and I really loved making both! 







Pattern:
This is the Tempo dress, one of the views (options) from the Jukebox Duet Everyday Dress pattern by Flosstyle. This view is intended for woven whereas the other one - the Rhythm - is intended for knits and presents a cowl neck. Both can be made for Summer or Winter depending on the fabrics used.

Fabric: 
Pink striped shirting (cotton blend) and cotton lawn. 

Details:
This pattern features a contrasting yoke - perfect to play around with color blocking or mixed prints -, cuffs and shoulder tabs. It has an optional three button placket (it is specially intended for the smaller sizes because the bigger sizes can easily just pass it through the head).

This dress also features a lovely curved hem which is really easy to make since it is a bias binding hem (you can use pre-made bias tape or make your own following the instructions on this pattern).

I love that the construction of this dress makes most of the seams enclosed!  When seen on the inside only the serged side seams are visible. 

The instructions are easy to follow and I love that this is a quick sewing project. It took me only 1 hour and 20 minutes to cut all the fabric and sew it up. Next time I bet it will take even less!

It is available in sizes 1 to 16! And since it is so versatile - because of the two available views - I would say this is a staple on any girl's wardrobe! I know I will be making more for my girls!





Go check what you can find in this issue #7 of One Thimble here!

And for more inspiration have a look at all these others blogger's creations from this issue's patterns! 


Wednesday 13th May 2015:  Molly and Mama | pen, seb & rox | From a Box 
Thursday 14th May 2015: Handmade Boy 
Friday 15th May 2015: The Toffee Tree  |  Horris and Deedle 
Saturday 16th may 2015:  Sewvolution |  FABulous Home Sewn 
Sunday 17th May 2015:  Sew Today, Clean Tomorrow  |  Sprouting JubeJube 
Tuesday 19th May 2015: Phat Quarters Blog  |  Hibbadora
Wednesday 20th May 2015:  Mabey She Made It  |   Blue Wren Handmade



Happy sewing!



Project linked to:

Sew + Show
link party 200px


2 comments

  1. What a fun dress :) I like the details of the pattern, and it looks like a comfy outfit for an energetic little person :) Your photos make me miss summer, and it is not even winter yet haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 21, 2015

    Amazing pictures of your lovely girl (she's gorgeous) - The dress looks so comfy and perfect for summer days.
    I love the sleeve tabs - pink star buttons are always perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!